The summer internship is the first step of the Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate program which is a fast track training program for key accounting/finance positions within the PepsiCo Supply Chain organization.
What You Will Do
Successful program participants will have the skills and experiences to achieve a field Plant Controller or headquarters Financial Planning and Analysis Manager within 7-8 years. The entry point for this program is the Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate position which is part of a broader program which includes other operations and technical disciplines.
The Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate will report directly to the Plant Controller and is expected to last approximately 18-24 months. Supply Chain Finance summer internship responsibilities include training and experience in a broad range of accounting, internal control, and financial planning activities including:
- Participate in 2-3 plant financial period closes related tasks.
- Participate in physical inventory cycle counts.
- Take ownership of a plant accounting responsibility for 6-8 weeks (Production Accounting, A/P, or Fixed assets, etc.).
- Complete Q3 –Periodic and Quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley control test.
- Complete an Internal Audit self-assessment test.
- Complete one or two projects analyzing costs, developing insights, and recommending corrective actions with guidance from subject matter experts as needed.
- Present the results of the analysis at the local plant and also at the division HQ in Chicago along with Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate summer interns from other plants at the end of summer conference.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Accounting and/or Finance (other related majors will be considered).
- Demonstrated interest in cost accounting and operations through coursework and/or previous internships.
- Strong people/communication skills to manage information gathering requests.
- Results oriented, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner, and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft products.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance
United States (United...
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm