Oversees and executes the deployment of tier one resources from international or domestic supply sources. The incumbent will work in collaboration with either the planning or logistics team to ensure the timely and accurate execution of POS (point of sales) or stock shipments to all primary warehouses is carried out as per the Net requirements or stock/POS replenishment plan.
What You Will Do
- Ensures the replenishment plan received from Planning Team is clear, understood and correctly delegated amongst the team to be actioned.
- Collaboratively reviews demand plan with both Product Supply, Logistics and Planning Managers.
- Indent orders placed with overseas suppliers as per the forecast within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure containers are efficiently configured to realize economies of scale.
- Ensure that products reach the correct destination.
- JDE updated and matches indent report and Connect.
- Accurate and timely clearing instructions and documentation provided to freight clearing company/agent.
- Indents accurately costed and receipted on the system after arrival.
- Oversees invoices matched to the costing.
- Manage the local production collection and delivery process.
- Order and manage the bulk goods import process for local production as per the demand plan.
- Ensure Certificates of Age are sent to the warehouse prior to arrival of shipment
- Purchase order generated in accordance with the supply plan per region.
- Pricing of stock/POS checked against supplier price list before order is sent to the supplier.
- Arrange for Collection and Delivery of stock/POS from local supply sources to all warehouses (primary and secondary).
- Transport invoice manually checked against costing.
- Supplier and transporter invoices with PO and GRN provided to creditors.
- Stock costed and receipted on the system
- Monitor stock availability in Primary Warehouses to understand and influence the impact on current and future imports.
- Offer suggestions and alternatives to the plan in order to maximize efficiencies.
- Liaise with individual responsible of controlling bond activities regarding XDP’s.
- Liaise with Clearing Agent specialist to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Liaise with freight forwarder, clearing agents and warehouses on compliance issues.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree: Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain from a Top University in South Africa. A previous working experience would be a plus but is not a requirement for this graduate programme.
- We’re looking for graduates who are confident and self-assured in their abilities. A positive, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic attitude, with a passion to learn and grow is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Word).
- Technical skills: Freight Management, Import/Export Procedures, Warehouse/Delivery, Pipeline Concept and Operations; FGI/SKU Management, IT, Company and Product Knowledge, Operational Policy and Procedures.
- Job type:Internships
Logistics and Supply Chain
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:12th Mar 2023, 6:00 pm