Do you want to be in the driving seat, selling our global leading brands? Are you intrigued by the idea of building long-term business relationships with our customers? To develop and negotiate plans which craft benefits for our shoppers, our customers and our Company? Then an Internship in our Business Development (Sales) function is the right place for you. We are here to help you gain a magical experience. We have internship assignments in the areas of Key account management, Shopper Based Design, Category management & Business Analysis.
What you will do
What you can expect in a Business Development (Sales) internship:
- You directly receive meaningful responsibilities from Day 1. You are in charge for maintaining and fast-growing a long-term partnership with our customer by continuously proposing solutions and plans that meet their objectives. To do so, you’ll develop a keen understanding of product categories and markets.
- Whilst building the plans, you will not only develop your negotiating and sales skills, but also your financial & marketing skills, analytical insights and logistical understanding as you are responsible for your client from A-Z.
- You will be externally focused, on national key Customers, but also online retailers. You will get an understanding of the customers and shoppers needs. You will contribute to negotiations on prices, assortment, merchandising and promotions. You will collaborate with the whole customer team to prepare business plans and external negotiations.
- You'll be part of a customer team in which trust, team spirit, real passion for winning and leadership are very important.
- You will make commercial recommendations for a category (e.g.: Laundry with Ariel, Oral Care with Oral-B, Hair Care with Head & Shoulders etc.) in Singapore. Your mission will be to improve turnover and Sales fundamentals by suggesting strategic choices in terms of budget, assortment and promotion. You will work alongside the Brand leaders.
- We offer a career with varying assignments and lots of development opportunities, so that we develop our leaders of tomorrow.
- Developing and maintaining a productive long term relationship with your customer.
- Acquire deep understanding of customer needs and requirements.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of shoppers, categories and market.
- Adapting and optimizing country commercial guidelines to your specific client.
- Negotiating contracts, promo plans and innovations.
- Preparing volume forecast and plans.
- Collaborating very closely with teams from other departments.
- Resolve any issues and problems of your clients and act as a link between your customer and the internal teams.
What we offer you:
- We entrust you with strategic responsibilities from day 1 and ownership over projects that will improve the lives of millions of consumers.
- Your manager will coach you and will ensure you get a dedicated training program and many learning opportunities.
- You will join our dynamic teams, and work closely with colleagues from other functions: Brand management, Product Supply and Finance.
- A chance to see if a career at P&G is what will help you unleash your potential.
- Attractive monetary compensation and benefits.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You're a top talent in your penultimate year, able to commit to a 6 months (Jan - Jun 2020) or (Jul - Dec 2020).
- Be English proficient (Oral and Written).
- Good academic performance and positive attitude towards challenges and change.
- Display strong leadership, teamwork, analytical skills, problem solving and solutions oriented mindset especially during issues.
- Communication skills and ability to work in teams and under pressure.
- Express willingness to learn, take initiative and show flexibility.
- Operate with technical perfection while collaborating effectively with others.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:12th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm