Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovations. Working at Philips Personal Health puts you at the heart of FMCG markets, introducing meaningful innovations that set new trends. We take the end-user experience beyond what’s currently possible.
The Garment Care division in Singapore is the global competence center for Philips & is a product developer of Steam iron, Ironing board and Garment steamers. Philips is the number one & best-selling brand of irons in the world and the innovation team develops new technologies and investigate potential growth areas for Philips. Every innovation starts with understanding the world around us and is aimed to improve the quality of people's lives.
What you will do
- Generate ideas of new product function / feature that provides value-add to consumers
- Develop shortlisted ideas into executable concepts for prototyping, functional testing, user evaluation & reliability assessment
- Assisting in testing & data acquisition for analysis & decision making on promising ideas into feasible product / product features.
- Prepare development progress & technical reports on coating formulas and process parameters
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a relevant engineering discipline i.e. Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Strong interest in idea creation & new product design
- Ability to innovate & improvise mockup ideas/concepts for evaluation
- Hands-on experience with small tools & equipment, plastics/metals, small signal board/power board
- Good knowledge of both mechanical & electrical engineering modules will be an advantage
- Excel data analytical & programming skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Available to commit fully from July to December 2020
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:7th Mar 2020, 6:00 pm