In this role, you have the opportunity to contribute to some of the procurement operational and strategic initiatives that aims at improving the quality, service and cost of how our products are delivered to the end customers.
Why You should join Philips:
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
You are a part of:
A lean and nimble global procurement team consists of experienced logistics and Supply Chain professionals. You will be based in Singapore collaborating with both domestics and overseas team members. You will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional business teams at various levels of the organization for projects on regional/global scale.
In return, we offer you:
Due to the diversity of this internship, you can be assured that it will be a great learning opportunity. This internship exposes you to a vast variety of real-life applications related to Supply Chain & Logistics, Operation Management, Finance, Negotiation Strategy/Tactics, Legal, Risk Management, Quality, etc., which will enable you to make better career related decisions post-graduation.
Selected candidate will report to the Director in Shanghai and be assigned with a Manager in Singapore as day-to-day supervisor.
What You Will Do
- Performing sourcing of transportation, warehousing and customs brokerage services covering 10+ markets in Asia Pacific Region.
- Managing contracts and related negotiations with internal stakeholders and external logistics suppliers.
- Collaborating with supplier quality teams for Quality Agreement.
- Partnering with other functions for regional and global strategic projects.
- Identifying, participating or leading in procurement/improvement projects /initiatives.
- Any other projects assigned by management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree, preferably in Logistics or Business-related fields.
- Willing to learn, proactive and problem-solving attitude is required.
- Prior procurement or logistics related internship experience will be an advantage, but not a pre-requisite.
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural & team-based environment.
- Strong communications & inter-personal skills.
- Good Excel & Word & PowerPoint skills are required.
- Available from July to December 2021.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Logistics and Supply...
- Closing Date:15th May 2021, 6:00 pm