Thermo Mechanical Development Engineer Intern
Job Posting Description
Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovations. Working at Philips Personal Health puts you at the heart of FMCG markets, introducing meaningful innovations that set new trends. We take the end-user experience beyond what’s currently possible.
The Garment Care division in Singapore is the global competence center for Philips & is a product developer of Steam iron, Ironing board and Garment steamers. Philips is the number one & best-selling brand of irons in the world and the innovation team develops new technologies and investigate potential growth areas for Philips. Every innovation starts with understanding the world around us and is aimed to improve the quality of people's lives.
What you will do
Overview of Internship
The Garment Care division is now recruiting for 2 Thermo-Mechanical Engineer interns to be part of the steamer engine development team. The intern will assist to develop new technologies and products for steam generation in domestic appliances. This will include the concept and product development using electro-mechanical devices, thermo-mechanical components for flow and temperature sensing and control.
This role will require you to work with the Thermo-Mechanical team and support on the following areas:
- Concept generation
- Concept validation and verification using Design for Six Sigma approach
- Failure analysis and design improvement
- Conduct fundamental research to gain knowledge and understanding on identified engineering subjects
Required Skills and Abilities
To be considered, you should possess the following:
- Currently pursuing a relevant engineering discipline i.e. Mechanical and/or Aerospace
- Hands-on experience in managing experiments including data collection & analysis
- Good understanding of thermodynamics principles
- Good understanding of engineering materials
- Good analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Available for an internship June 2019 - December 2019
Due to the diversity of this internship, you can be assured that it will be a great learning opportunity. This internship allows you to apply academic theory to actual workplace situations which will enable your career making decision post-graduation. To apply for the role, please submit your application via the web link.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical
- Closing Date:23rd May 2019, 6:00 pm