Bench Service Technician - Graduate
In this role, you have the opportunity to deliver the highest level of service and satisfaction to all of our customers. You will diagnose and successfully repair equipment that is sent to the Bench Facilities. To be successful, the Bench Service Technician will be required to liaise with colleagues and partners across the organization in South Africa to meet customer needs and ensure efficiency in our business operations.
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
What You Will Do
- Primary function consists of equipment bench repairs in the workshop.
- Providing limited technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Understanding and applying electronic and mechanical theory to diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment to improve equipment reliability.
- Serving as a secondary customer contact on technical and service related problems.
- Diagnosing mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures.
- Establishing positive customer experiences and relationships, proactively communicating with customers to build satisfaction, credibility and trust; owning the customer experience by communicating effectively, understanding/setting customer expectations; and projecting a sense of urgency to achieve the customer’s expectations.
- Responsible for adopting appropriate ESD control while servicing PH equipment and also in the Repair Bench facilities.
- Responsible for reporting identified device safety issues according to applicable PH quality standard policy.
- Completing formal and informal training to gain and maintain knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends.
Required Skills and Abilities
- 3 year Degree in Electrical Engineering/Clinical Engineering or SAQA accredited Equivalent.
- Matric / Grade 12 or SAQA accredited Equivalent.
- 0 - 6 months experience in a Bench Repair, or technical repair role (advantage).
- Fluent in English, verbal and written in addition to local language.
- Experience in performing Corrective Maintenance and Planned Maintenance on Patient Monitoring equipment (advantage).
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to Read and interpret schematics.
- Understand and apply troubleshooting process to identify root cause(s) of system problems and create clear plan for resolution.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Electrical
- Locations:Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:17th Sep 2022, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.