Bench Service Technician - Graduate Programme
Don’t just learn to work – work to learn, surprise yourself with Philips!
We have been successfully running the Graduate programme in South Africa for the last six years and this year again we are expecting to bring onboard talented fresh graduates who will during the 12 months of internship not just learn to work but work to learn!
Therefore, please apply now if you meet the requirements below.
Role: Bench Service Technician (graduate programme).
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa.
Start date: 01 March 2023.
Duration: 12 months.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better - Deliver the highest level of service and satisfaction to all of our customers. You will diagnose and successfully repair equipment that is sent to the Bench Facilities.
To be successful, the Bench Service Technician will be required to liaise with colleagues and partners across the organization in South Africa to meet customer needs and ensure efficiency in our business operations.
What You Will Do
You are responsible for:
- Primary function consists of equipment bench repairs in the workshop.
- Providing limited technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Understanding and applying electronic and mechanical theory to diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment to improve equipment reliability.
- Serving as a secondary customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Diagnosing mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures
- Establishing positive customer experiences and relationships, proactively communicating with customers to build satisfaction, credibility and trust; owning the customer experience by communicating effectively, understanding/setting customer expectations; and projecting a sense of urgency to achieve the customer’s expectations.
- Responsible for adopting appropriate ESD control while servicing PH equipment and also in the Repair Bench facilities.
- Responsible for reporting identified device safety issues according to applicable PH quality standard policy.
- Completing formal and informal training to gain and maintain knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends.
Required Skills and Abilities
- To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Matric / Grade 12 or SAQA accredited Equivalent.
- 3-year Degree in Electrical Engineering / Clinical Engineering or SAQA accredited Equivalent.
- 0 – 6 months experience in a Bench Repair, or technical repair role (advantage)
- Fluent in English, verbal and written in addition to local language.
- Experience in performing Corrective Maintenance and Planned Maintenance on Patient Monitoring equipment (advantage)
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to Read and interpret schematics.
- Understand and apply troubleshooting process to identify root cause(s) of system problems and create clear plan for resolution.
In return, we offer you:
An inspiring 12-month experience in an international company with our fearless and high-performing team.
Our goal is for you to get better every day and we do that by helping you become the best version of yourself. It’s your unique journey.
By having you in this team we will ensure continues improvement approach on ‘best in class service quality to our consumers on a daily basis.
How we work at Philips:
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers.
We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
- We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
- We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
- We want to be at our best: The way we work, and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions.
Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for - Even you.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while transforming themselves personally and professionally.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Electrical
- Locations:Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:25th Feb 2023, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.