Marketing Specialist - Graduate Programme
Don’t just learn to work – work to learn, surprise yourself with Philips!
We have been successfully running the Graduate programme in South Africa for the last six years and next year again we are expecting to bring onboard talented fresh graduates who will during the 12 months of internship not just learn to work but work to learn!
Therefore, please apply now if you meet the requirements below.
Role: Marketing Specialist - Graduate Programme
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa.
Start date: 01 March 2023.
Duration: 12 months.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better - Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant.
So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
What You Will Do
You are responsible for:
- Performing administrative tasks like brand & competitor research, data entry & excel, meeting/ task scheduling, assisting on presentations and Ad-hoc activities connected with supporting the Marketing Team.
- Assisting with website, social media and digital requirements, tracking of activities, monitoring including website product catalogs, influencers, competitor activity, trends etc.
- Contributing to the preparation and release of promotional materials for launches and campaigns.
- Raising Purchase orders, weekly/ monthly monitoring and tracking, approving invoices and coordinating with team for any request/issues related to PO’s.
- Supporting for Below the line/ Above the line materials for promotions and launches and liaising with relevant agencies.
- Gathering and interpreting local & global customer insights and translating them into key actions.
- Consolidating regional pricing charts, competitor pricing and market analysis.
- Planning and execute at least one marketing activity over the period of a year under the direction and supervision of the marketing manager; and present outcomes & key highlights.
Required Skills and Abilities
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following:
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Marketing or any other relevant field.
- You must be a South African Graduate and have completed all modules/credits for the qualification mentioned above with a minimum of 60%.
- Qualifications obtained post-2021 will be preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated and goal driven.
- Availability to work full time (40hours/ week).
In return, we offer you:
An inspiring 12-month experience in an international company with our fearless and high-performing team.
Our goal is for you to get better every day and we do that by helping you become the best version of yourself. It’s your unique journey.
By having you in this team we will ensure continued improvement approach on ‘best in class's service quality to our consumers on daily basis.
How we work at Philips:
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers.
We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
- We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
- We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
- We want to be at our best: The way we work, and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions.
Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for - Even you.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while transforming themselves personally and professionally.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Marketing and Sales
- Locations:Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:18th Feb 2023, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.