Pick n Pay has an exciting position for a Graduate Food Technologist at our Kensington, Johannesburg Offices. The quality and standards of the food that we sell are a critical component of our business. This role covers a broad range of monitoring and compliance related activities that ensures the suppliers of our products, our supply chain and our stores meet all the necessary requirements to consistently meet the standards set.
What You Will Do
- Evaluate existing product specifications at set intervals.
- Verify quality standards and tolerance levels stipulated in product specifications.
- Ensure ingredient declarations are correct and updated.
- Compile and maintain technical product catalogue.
- Participate in category and sales reviews.
- Assist with new product development.
- Conduct good manufacturing practices and non-conformance monitoring visits.
- Perform store visits to monitor merchandise handling and quality control measures.
- Evaluate and follow up on food safety test results.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bsc Food Science/Food Technology.
- Analysis and attention to detail.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Results orientation and drive.
- Team orientation.
- Quality focused.
- Drivers licence.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Food Technology, Science
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2019, 6:00 pm