This 24-month programme, which comes with a permanent contract, includes on- and off-the-job components, with the emphasis on teamwork and also exploring individual's specific skill set, furthering their development and setting specific objectives.
As a member of our graduate programme, you will develop your business know-how by working alongside accomplished professionals. Your initial training will be complemented with a professional certification relevant to your area of business (CFA, CIIA, etc.).
In addition, our programme will enable you to develop the interpersonal and self-leadership skills you will require in your future career. The programme will provide you with the opportunity to establish an extensive network of peers and experts within Pictet and to meet members of the management, with potential short assignments to our overseas offices.
What You Will Do
The Graduate will be working with the Asset Allocation and Macro Research Team within the Wealth Management Investment platform. There is also the possibility of rotations to other functions, depending on needs and availabilities. During the graduate programme you will develop strong analytical and investment skills and forge a solid network comprising the business stakeholders working for Pictet Wealth Management.
You will finish your graduate programme as an investment professional, where you will use the expertise, you have gained to contribute to the success of our teams.
- Support the Lead Asia Economist conducting macro-economic research on broad Asia, including economic activities, geopolitical development and government policies.
- Analyze wide range of macro-economic data and synthetize third-party research to help the team draw meaningful conclusions regarding the economies under coverage.
- Support the Lead Asia Economist with various communication materials such as presentations and publications.
- Communicate research results with various internal stakeholders, including the PWM Global Investment Committee.
- Assist in the Asia Investment Platform’s efforts to communicate company house views with front-line colleagues.
- Participate in strategic projects/initiatives as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in Economics or Finance from a leading university.
- Knowledge and/or strong curiosity about social and economic development of the region.
- Strong analytical skills. Basic experience in statistical analysis is required. Mastery of statistical packages (e.g., Eviews) and programming skills would be a strong plus (e.g. VBA, R, Python).
- Excellent command of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and presentation skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Sense of ownership and team spirit.
- Fluent in English. Chinese (Mandarin) is a plus.
As the successful candidate you will combine strong technical expertise with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work across silos. You will also be self-motivated, able to work easily on your own and extremely diligent, as well as showing a proactive approach to problem-solving. In addition, you will be able to build strong working relationships with all business stakeholders.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st May 2021, 6:00 pm