The internship program in Plan International Nigeria provides on-the-job training in Financial management & reporting, program management, research and data gathering skills, communication, people skills, and work ethics.
It enhances the educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in Plan Nigeria’s projects as well as providing exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Plan Nigeria’s goals and activities.
What You Will Do
- Prepare payment, journal and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software - SAP.
- To work for Plan International as a Finance intern with a strong grasp of accounting principles, employing skills in reconciling accounts payable schedules and effectively maintaining of financial records.
- Support program staff in making payments to participants during activities.
- Maintain good filing for all vouchers in their respective files to ensure easy retrieval.
- Ensure that all financial document is scanned and archived on PIN’S cloud.
- To assist with bookkeeping activities and ensure that every accounting transaction is accurate and there are no discrepancies.
- Support with preparation of Withholding tax, VAT, Pension and other statutory deduction schedules where relevant.
- Ensure that all NHF Cards are updated and ready on request.
- Perform any other duties as specified by your supervisor(s).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Accounting or HND in Financial Accounting or relevant professional qualifications equivalent.
- Completion of National Youth Service with less than 1-year working experience.
- Proven strong academic track record.
- Experience in use of SAP (Added advantage).
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment.
- Language skills; written and spoken proficiency in English.
- Internet proficiency, as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Basic financial skills.
- Possession of good report writing skills.
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Strong communication skills: oral and written.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Ability to carry strenuous office duties of lifting heavy items.
- Familiar with international donors.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2021, 6:00 pm