The internship programme in Plan International Nigeria provides on-the-job training in program management, research and data gathering skills, communication, people skills, and work ethics. It enhances the educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in Plan Nigeria’s development projects as well as providing exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Plan Nigeria’s goals and activities.
What You Will Do
- Support human resource management processes for Plan International Nigeria.
- Support with the implementation and ensure adherence to HR policy and practices that are consistent with global policy and compliant with local statutory and legislative requirements that prevents organizational conflicts.
- Support in the update and maintenance of all employee records (hard and soft copies).
- Support in the management of Monthly timesheet request: submission, collection and verification for the HR unit.
- Provide support with provision of audit documents.
- Manage all adhoc staff recruitments.
- Maintain proper and up- to - date records of all adhoc staff.
- Take minutes of meetings and assist in the elaboration of papers, power point presentations and analytical contributions, as well as other products and tools that will facilitate human resource management activities in the organization.
- Follow up with staff to ensure everyone has up- to-date signed pay slips.
- Other tasks/duties as required.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- Maintenance of high technical standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Plan International Nigeria staff regulations, values and codes of conduct.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Human Resource management, Public Administration, Business Administration or any related field.
- Less than one-year post NYSC working experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigerian Labour and employment laws.
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development and Human Resource management in International aid organization.
- Language skills; written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably a command of the local language.
- Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and explain the official employment regulation framework.
- Possess positive attitude, Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality and approachability.
- Demonstrates a high level of discretion and confidentiality and sound judgement in handling sensitive situations.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ and problem-solving approach.
- Patience and due diligence.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others.
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Business and Commerce, Human Resources,...
Maiduguri (Nigeria), Abuja...
- Closing Date:25th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm