We’re actively seeking a Ventures Analyst to champion the Plug and Play business model and drive portfolio growth. The ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how startups scale and is driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and investment portfolio.
What You Will Do
How you will make a difference:
- Work with team of Analysts and Associates in Plug & Play Verticals to investigate finances, business models, and technologies of start-up companies.
- Examine the market and funding environments of these companies.
- Review and screen entrepreneurs’ pitch decks, conduct interviews with entrepreneurs, conduct due diligence by drafting Investment Memos and Due Diligence Reports.
- Undertake guided and independent research to identify new markets and industry sectors.
- Conduct in-depth business analysis to identify new competitive opportunities.
- Outreach and screen new, relevant, and exciting startups for investment purposes.
- Conduct sourcing for business development (accelerator) programs aligning to tech interests as reported by PnP’s corporate partners.
- Collaborate with and host corporate executives in deal flow sessions and develop a comprehensive understanding of our partners' innovation challenges and tech interests.
- Work with each startup in the program and understanding each ones' metrics for success over the course of 3-6 months (funding/paid pilots/hiring etc.), introducing startups to existing and potential corporate partners.
- Mentor start-ups on taking product to market, raising money, scaling, and other ad hoc business needs.
- Provide production/content support for demo days, mentor sessions, and other accelerator events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or a technical field relating to Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action.
- Knowledge of cap tables, startup financing, and growth metrics.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives, and VC Partners; adept at public speaking.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects, and industry contacts.
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results.
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices.
- A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging technologies.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:25th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm