At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone’s ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together.
Our people stay connected and tuned in to what’s happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
What You Will Do
The internship opportunity will provide extensive exposure to two important areas of actuarial practice: Modelling and Reinsurance. The intern will assist the Modelling team in Prophet modelling in the first part of the program and will be rotated to the Reinsurance team to support the reinsurance related work. The intern will be able to learn the fundamental part of actuarial work from modelling exposure and gain insight to the comprehensive reinsurance management of PACS.
- Support the team in the annual review of the Model Point Grouping DCS program
- Assist in the review of products in the Prophet Model
- Assist in the maintenance and development of Prophet Deterministic models
- Assist in ad-hoc modelling projects
- Assist in reinsurance administrative process, not limited to design and automate reinsurance process
- Design and enforcement on controls / SOP around reinsurance system setup and changes/enhancements
- Assist in reinsurance reporting to Finance and ERM
- Answer queries related to reinsurance from Claims department
- Support supervisor on other special projects, including but not limited to financial KPI analysis, and communication.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Good technical, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently
- Experience with Prophet is preferred
- Experience with data processing software e.g. SQL/VBA is preferred
- Preferred Specialisation / Course of Study/Year of Study, if any:
- Pursuing degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, IT
- Good progress in actuarial exams
- 1 to 3 years of Study
- Job type:Internships
Actuary, Banking and Finance, Information Technology,...
- Closing Date:16th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm