Our Financial Services Assurance team specializes in providing audit to businesses specifically in the financial services industry. Our team strives to understand and identify areas where we can provide value-adding audit services within the banking and capital markets, asset management and insurance sectors.
We are looking for candidates to join immediately for a min. period of 3 months.
How will you value-add?
We are looking for suitable candidates with strong academic background in computer science/information systems/ software development to fill an entry level associate position in the Financial Services Assurance’s Digital Innovation Garage (DIG) team.
You will bring in your knowledge, skills and interest in programming and software development to leverage data and help design and develop solutions that make our financial services audits more automated, data-driven and insightful.
What You Will Do
You will work as part of DIG contributing to the activities below:
- Support more experienced team members in gathering business requirements, data requirements, data analysis, and testing for data strategy, data roadmap, and data solution implementation projects.
- Support technology and data solution assessments to provide point-of-view and recommendations.
Utilize your academic and/or internship-based exposure to work on digital solution building projects involving the below technical areas:
- Strong in at least one of the programming languages (Python / R / Java/C#).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel (VBA is a strong plus).
- Automation tools such as ABBYY, UiPath.
Audit Innovation and Data Analytics:
- Design and development of data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching that leverages knowledge within data, master data, metadata and technology management.
- Deployment of global tools across the Financial Services Assurance practice.
- Helping audit teams and clients to identify and extract required data from complex IT systems.
- Work with audit teams to efficiently deliver standard and high-quality data analysis.
- Analyse complex data including bespoke analysis.
Utilize your academic and/or internship-based exposure to work on assignments involving the below technical areas:
- Working with relational databases and writing SQL queries.
- Techniques of predictive analytics, web scraping and Natural Language Processing using Python/R.
- Using analytical and visualization software such as Alteryx, Power BI and Tableau to access, transform, integrate, analyze and visualize client data to help solve real problems and provide real business insights through identification of anomalies and unusual patterns and trends in data.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students majoring or minoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Programming and Development from local/ overseas universities.
- Are keen to develop themselves in the profession.
- Are highly motivated, enthusiastic, confident and creative.
- Have good co-curricular activities record.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are service-oriented and committed to teamwork and excellence.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Closing Date:4th Feb 2022, 6:00 pm