Our Financial Services Assurance team specialises in providing audit to businesses specifically in the financial services industry. Our team strives to understand and identify areas where we can provide value-adding audit services within the banking and capital markets, asset management and insurance sectors.
We are looking for suitable candidates with strong academic background in computer science/information systems/ software development to fill an entry level associate position in the Financial Services Assurance’s Digital Innovation Garage (DIG) team. You will bring in your knowledge, skills and interest in programming and software development to leverage data and help design and develop solutions that make our financial services audits more automated, data-driven and insightful.
What you will do
- Support high level team members in gathering business requirements, data requirements, data analysis, and testing for data strategy, data roadmap, and data solution implementation projects.
- Support technology and data solution assessments to provide point-of-view and recommendations.
- Utilize your academic and/or internship-based exposure to work on digital solution building projects involving the below technical areas:
- Strong in at least one of the programming languages (Python / R / Java/C#)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel (VBA is a strong plus)
- Automation tools such as ABBYY, UiPath
- Design and development of data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching that leverages knowledge within data, master data, metadata and technology management.
- Deployment of global tools across the Financial Services Assurance practice
- Helping audit teams and clients to identify and extract required data from complex IT systems
- Work with audit teams to efficiently deliver standard and high-quality data analysis
- Analyse complex data including bespoke analysis
- Utilize your academic and/or internship-based exposure to work on assignments involving the below technical areas:
- Working with relational databases and writing SQL queries
- Techniques of predictive analytics, web scraping and Natural Language Processing using Python/R
- Using analytical and visualisation software such as Alteryx, Power BI and Tableau to access, transform, integrate, analyse and visualise client data to help solve real problems and provide real business insights through identification of anomalies and unusual patterns and trends in data
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final year students majoring or minoring in Computer Science, Computer Software Engineering, Software Programming and Development from local/ overseas universities or polytechnics
- Keen interest to utilize software development knowledge for building and contributing to data products and data-driven digital solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Results-oriented and a self-starter who is resourceful, possess strong business acumen and the ability to think laterally and outside the box
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and be highly adaptable in a dynamic environment
- Meticulous and able to work with multiple data sources and able to adapt to working in multiple assignments concurrently
- Effective team member with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skill (verbal and written)
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Computer Science, Engineering...
- Closing Date:1st Sep 2021, 6:00 pm