At PwC South East Asia Consulting, we help businesses to work smarter and grow faster. We partner with our clients to build effective organizations, innovate and grow, reduce costs, manage risk and regulation and, leverage talent. Our aim is to support businesses in designing, managing and executing lasting beneficial change.
PwC’s South East Asia Consulting practice provides a comprehensive range of professional services and experience to deliver large scale, cross territory transformation projects, wherever our clients need us to be – from strategy through to execution.
We are looking for candidates for the internship period from May to July 2021 (For mid-year internship).
About the Team:
PwC SEAC’s Risk Consulting practice works on model design and development, model validation, testing and other advanced data analytics. The South East Asia Consulting Financial Crime Unit (FCU) is a team of financial crime professionals located across the region. Our vision is to create a more secure and prosperous society by helping fight the pervasive impact of global financial crime.
Our diverse team consists of policy and regulation advisors, operations professionals, data and analytics, and technology practitioners, with significant depth and breadth of experience of helping clients contend with their most pressing financial crime challenges.
We are committed to the fight against financial crime in all its forms. Through the use of technology deployed with strong operational discipline, we bring innovative solutions that allow our clients to effectively prevent and detect financial crime.
What You Will Do
- Perform financial and statistical modeling and analytics for a wide range of client portfolios and financial crime problems like Fraud, AML, TBML, etc.
- Analyze and interpret quantitative results to understand business impact.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, including the ability to document reports and presentations for clients.
- Demonstrate ability to apply judgment, initiative and lateral thinking to problem-solving.
- Work closely with the engagement teams and managers while understanding individual responsibilities and deliveries.
- Lead thought leadership groups and research and development activities as appropriate.
- Supporting Directors and Partners in the development of the Risk Consulting team across South East Asia.
Required Skills and Abilities
Below are the attributes and skills we look for in candidates, but don’t be discouraged if you don’t possess all or even most of them. We would still love to talk to you about joining our team.
- Actuarial Science, Accounting, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Economics, Engineering, Information Systems, Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or other related disciplines that possesses an analytical and quantitative component student from local and overseas universities or 1 - 3 years of full-time work experience in an Analytics role.
- Strong preference for basic competency in two or more of the following - An analytical software (e.g., R, SAS); A data visualization tool (e.g., QlikView, Tableau, PowerBI,); A relational or graph database management tool (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Neo4J); Programming. (e.g., Python).
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts (hypothesis testing, distributions, normalization etc.).
- A self-driven team player with the ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and techniques such as proprietary analytical software, data models and programming languages.
- An appreciation for structured methodical research, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an understanding for the application of these skills in the business environment.
- A natural curiosity to identify, investigate and explain trends and patterns in data.
- An ability to analyze and break down complex concepts and technical findings into clear and simple language for communication to team members and clients.
- A passion for Emerging Technologies related to Big Data, Machine Learning and AI.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Actuary, Business and Commerce, Computer...
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2021, 6:00 pm