PwC is one of the leading professional services firms in Singapore and one of the largest in the world. At the Data Trust Services team, we believe in enhancing trust while maximizing the value and potential of data. We are passionate about helping companies and decision makers utilize data to drive strategic and operational decisions, help organizations grow revenue, reduce cost, increase productivity and more.
We pride ourselves on our supportive team culture and diverse backgrounds. We strongly believe in the importance of potential and a desire to learn. As such it is important to us that you fit well with our team, have a strong desire to learn, develop your own skills and support and coach others.
Apply to join one of the fastest growing professional services Analytics teams in Singapore and you will have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide range of industries and clients, build trust in society through data, and work in diverse and collaborative teams that will support your learning and career growth.
We are looking for candidates for our off-cycle internship from July to December 2022 (6 months).
If the lifeblood of the digital economy is data, its heart is digital trust - the level of confidence in people, processes, and technology to build a secure digital world. Companies, regulators, and consumers need fresh mechanisms to build confidence as they address emerging challenges in business, risk management, and compliance.
What You Will Do
- Perform work across diverse industries and projects ranging from developing organizational strategies for analytics to building sophisticated data architectures and analytical models.
- Analyse and interpret large volumes of data from client data systems and external sources using proprietary and open-source data tools, platforms and analytical tool kits.
- Translate complex findings into simple language and communicate them to internal and external stakeholders, such as your team members and clients' executives.
- Deliver excellent client service and work from both the PwC Singapore office and at client sites.
Required Skills and Abilities
Below are the attributes and skills we look for in candidates, but don’t be discouraged if you don’t possess all or even most of them. We would still love to talk to you about joining our team.
- Actuarial Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Economics, Engineering, Information Systems, Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Physic or other related disciplines that possesses an analytical and quantitative component student from local and over universities.
- A self-driven learner with the ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and techniques such as proprietary analytical software, data models and programming languages.
- An appreciation for structured methodical research, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an understanding of. the application of these skills in the business environment.
- A natural curiosity to identify, investigate and explain trends and patterns in data.
- An ability to analyze and break down complex concepts and technical findings into clear and simple language for communication to team members and clients.
- A passion for Emerging Technologies related to Big Data, Machine Learning and AI.
Strong preference for basic competency in two or more of the following:
- Analytical software (e.g., R, SAS).
- A data visualization tool (e.g., QlikView, Tableau, PowerBI,).
- A relational or graph database management tool (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Neo4J).
- Programming. (e.g., VBA, C++, Java, Python).
- Distributed architectures (e.g., HDFS, Mapreduce, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Pig, Hive).
- Job type:Internships
Actuary, Business and Commerce, Computer Science,...
- Closing Date:7th Feb 2022, 6:00 pm