A career within Private Company services, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition.
Our team helps our clients design and implement personal and customized service plans that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals. You’ll be assisting the team focus on key issues like wealth management, compliance, cash flow management, equity expansion, divestiture and exit strategies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
What You Will Do
- As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyze data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Receive requests for financial statement preparation (small companies, trusts and CC’s) and review the input for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare financial statements using CWWP (CaseWare Working Papers).
- Financial statement preparation using Excel as and when required.
- Perform critical self-review.
- Work within budget allocations.
- General administration including billing and assisting with timesheet management of team.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma or degree in Accounting.
- Grade 12.
- 1 years’ relevant experience in CaseWare and/or accounting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail/Accuracy.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Port Elizabeth (South...
- Closing Date:28th May 2021, 6:00 pm