Digital Trust - Data - 2023 - Johannesburg
The digital age is bringing rapid change. Businesses are becoming increasingly interconnected, and borders around supply/value chains are becoming increasingly blurred. At PwC, we recognize the importance of IT Risk Assurance as a key enabler in organizations. You’ll work closely with IT, the business, and the audit and risk functions to align business processes and risk to the business environment through identifying risks and recommending mitigation controls.
We offer a three-year contract, on-site training and valuable work experience. We’re looking for talented, skilled graduates who can bring new ideas and a fresh approach to Risk Assurance.
In Data and Analytics we help our clients analyze big and complex data sets by linking performance and decision making with data and technology. This could mean driving new growth opportunities, operating more efficiently or identifying and managing risk. Data and analytics is revolutionizing business, underpinning decision making and driving innovation.
But greater volumes and more detailed data bring new challenges for businesses in converting that data into a more comprehensible and user-friendly format - Creating actionable insights and applying these to transform an organization.
What will you gain from joining us:
- A blend of commercial, technical, financial and data experiences working with iconic clients across industry sectors and countries.
- Structured technical training in a suite of data analytics/visualization tools (e.g. Alteryx, Power BI) and structured accounting and finance training (where relevant).
- A broad base of analytical skills spanning data science, visualization and financial modelling.
- Communication skills and business acumen through interaction with and presentation to a wide range of stakeholders at the client, including CFOs and CEOs.
- Opportunities to develop project management and interpersonal skills, allowing you to build collaborative working relationships at all levels.
- You will be engaging directly with experienced members of our clients, solving their business problems and helping them generate value whilst working alongside leading professionals in fields such as big data, predictive analytics, machine learning and data visualization.
Required Skills and Abilities
We’re looking for four-year degrees (equivalent to an honours) or higher in:
- BCom Econometrics.
- BCom Informatics Information Systems.
- BCom Statistics.
- BSc Applied Mathematics.
- BSc Mathematics.
- BSc Applied Statistics.
- BSc Information and Knowledge Systems.
- BSc Physics.
- Engineering degrees (Electrical, Computer, Information, Software, Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial).
- BBusSc Analytics.
- BBus Sci Computer Science.
- BBus Sci Information Systems.
- BSc Computer Science.
- Socio Informatics.
The PwC Professional is our global leadership development framework. It outlines the capabilities that we look for in all our people - From associate to partner level - That will help us to thrive as purpose-led and values-driven leaders. We look for and develop these qualities in all our people:
- Whole leadership: Lead yourself and others to make a difference and create a positive impact in a responsible, authentic, resilient, inclusive and passionate manner.
- Business acumen: Bring business knowledge, innovation and insight to create distinctive value for clients and PwC.
- Technical and digital: Apply a range of technical, digital and other professional capabilities to deliver quality and value.
- Global and inclusive: Operate and collaborate effectively with a mindset that transcends boundaries and embraces diverse perspectives.
- Relationships: Build relationships of high value, which are genuine and meaningful.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Locations:Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2022, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.