Our strategy, The New Equation, is about how PwC brings together unique combinations of people, powered by technology, galvanizing ourselves as a community of solvers to address those dual challenges.
The foundation of the strategy is our multidisciplinary model, which allows us to help clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes by bringing together deep expertise across a broad range of capabilities. It is this combination of capabilities and the ability to look at things from different perspectives that is so essential to delivering high quality and real impacts for clients, stakeholders and society at large in Africa and globally.
We run our programme alongside the South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA). Our graduates in this programme serve their articles over three years in our Assurance practice and learn through hands-on coaching. During your time with us you'll gain exceptional business, personal and technical skills which you will be able to use across the business and throughout your career.
What You Will Do
You will have the opportunity to perform all activities related to the accounting function, which may include the following:
- Capture transactions in accounting records.
- Perform reconciliations.
- Perform bookkeeping to balance sheets.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Perform tax calculations and complete tax returns.
- Complete VAT returns.
- Perform general accounting functions according to PwC methodologies.
- Assist managers with various client matters, including administrative work.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A completed or partially completed Financial Accounting degree with the intention to qualify as a professional accountant.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, and fluency in English - The ability to communicate in Afrikaans is a plus but not a must.
- Computer literacy, with a good knowledge of Pastel, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Whole leadership: Lead yourself and others to make a difference and create a positive impact in a responsible, authentic, resilient, inclusive and passionate manner.
- Business acumen: Bring business knowledge, innovation and insight to create distinctive value for clients and PwC.
- Technical and digital: Apply a range of technical, digital and other professional capabilities to deliver quality and value.
- Global and inclusive: Operate and collaborate effectively with a mindset that transcends boundaries and embraces diverse perspectives.
- Relationships: Build relationships of high value, which are genuine and meaningful.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
Westerncape (South Africa)
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2022, 6:00 pm