The PwC Tax Academy is aligned with the Tax Professional Internship of the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT).
Our three-year rotational programme affords you work across many areas of Tax to develop a broad base of compliance and consulting skills in addition to various internal courses. You’ll be exposed to a wide range of assignments before selecting your own path within Tax, that aligns to your talents and interests. You can be the master of your career.
Your career will be built in a team-oriented, open, trusting and inclusive environment. Team leaders and coaches act as mentors, helping you to make the most of your experiences so that you can grow, explore new opportunities and achieve your potential!
What You Will Do
- Work on a range of tax assignments, reporting to managers and/or partners and advising clients on a variety of tax-related issues.
- Produce high-level tax opinions that add value to clients' businesses.
- Perform tax-related pre-issuance work.
- Perform tax reviews as part of statutory audits.
- Undertake tax-related research.
- Assess commercial facts and apply the appropriate tax law.
- Interpret tax legislation.
- Liaise with the south African revenue service (SARS) and handle queries raised by SARS.
- Comply with risk management procedures.
- Perform general project administration and work closely with the audit team to ensure client deadlines are met.
Required Skills and Abilities
- We’re looking for candidates who are in the postgraduate year of their Tax qualification or who already have a postgraduate qualification in Tax.
- A solid academic track record (60% aggregate) and the willingness to learn.
- A good understanding and knowledge of tax laws (specifically VAT and Tax Administration Acts; Income Tax and Customs
- Act would be an advantage).
Proficient research skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Westerncape (South Africa)
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2022, 6:00 pm