The Legal and Regulatory Intern will work closely with the Raytheon Emirates General Counsel and legal staff to perform legal reviews.
Draft and evaluate contracts and other agreements; review and analyze the impact of regulatory changes and changes to local law. conduct and evaluate legal due diligence; develop and implement compliance strategies, policies, and training; meet and assist in negotiations with UAE government agencies and key suppliers; evaluate commercial and legal risks; and assist in adapting Raytheon’s systems and practices into the UAE business and legal environment.
This position will provide law and legal studies students the opportunity to experience a career in a large, US-based, multi-national company with a sophisticated legal and regulatory practice and to develop as individuals in the work place.
The role is created for law and legal studies students for 8 weeks, with an interest in gaining experience in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment for a short period of time that will emphasize:
- Teamwork and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to review and analyze laws and apply them to specific challenges.
- Superior writing and communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Accountability for achieving agreed goals and objectives.
- Successfully interfacing with people of diverse backgrounds and specialties.
- Respecting others.
- Listening and contributing to discussion.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate Legal and Regulatory, Law or relevant bachelor student.
- Studies associated with UAE Commercial, Corporate, and Contractual Laws preferred.
- General business acumen.
- Each student will be expected to use their own initiative and undertake self-directed learning within a supportive environment to work with the legal team to develop goals and objectives to further common areas of interest.
- Information technology (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- High level of English fluency both verbal and written.
- Job type:Internships
Abu Dhabi (United...
- Closing Date:18th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm