RCL FOODS has a requirement for a Packaging Technologist Intern to join our Marketing Team for a period of 12 months. The role will be based in Westville and report to the Packaging Executive.
The Packaging Technologist Intern will support the Packaging team on specific day to day administrative & functional packaging activities as well as assist strongly in the area of Sustainable packaging research and co-ordination of supplier engagements to explore environmentally responsible packaging alternatives.
What You Will Do
- Assist with Specification data verification with suppliers and capturing on the system.
- Support on factory and Transit trials.
- Support on administrative aspects related to Master Data and Artwork processes.
- Carry out a research project on Sustainable packaging alternatives and the impact on product behavior.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Technology/Biotechnology/Diploma/Bachelor’s degree (or studying towards degree).
- Packaging Diploma (IPSA).
- A basic knowledge of Packaging formats, materials and machinery.
- A basic knowledge of Packaging analysis and validation (i.e. Food contact packaging materials).
- A basic knowledge of HACCP & ISO Standards.
- A basic knowledge of Capture data and report on findings.
- Ability to document trial results.
- Ability to communicate well with line staff.
- Ability to work on own and manage timelines.
- Commercial know how.
- Know how to design an experiment and write up a report.
- Route cause analysis on basic packaging challenges.
- Solve simple operational problems related to packaging.
- Identify any opportunities that will improve processes/system efficiencies and propose a plan to implement.
- Team player and strong, confident communicator.
- Well organize and disciplined.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-drive to follow tasks through to completion on time and in full.
- Standard computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Have a genuine passion for packaging, quality and production.
- Job type:Internships
Durban (South Africa)
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2020, 6:00 pm