To execute specialist Value Management (VM) and Business Improvement projects; To monitor the implementation and use of SAP, Advanced Planning/Scheduling System (APS-PreActor) and Teamcenter (SIEMENS-PLM) in Operations. Track and report production performance - And implement opportunities for Value / Cost improvements.
What You Will Do
- Identify product-, design- and production improvements through detailed analysis and best practice recommendations.
- Monitor effective use of SAP, Preactor (APS) and Teamcenter (SIEMENS) - To optimize production planning processes across all RDM sites.
- Analyse product portfolios, component cost and procurement spend and support key projects for Value Engineering/Value Analysis.
- Accompany developmental projects (also Product Development- and PE projects) and develop value improvements using
- VM tools - ia Value Stream Mapping, Functional Think Plan etc.
- Working with functional leads to increase productivity, reducing operating costs, optimize efficiency on all sites.
- Work with VE to communicate, sustain and facilitate the implementation of Value Management, quality- and process improvement thinking/principles.
- Evaluate capacity for new production requirements and recommend the most efficient methods, processes, and tooling options For implementation.
- Work within VE teams to act as a change agent (facilitator) to instill Functional Thinking, problem solving and continuous improvement. Develop viable strategies to optimize processes and methods for long term sustainability.
- Work with functional leads to develop BIC Shop Floor Management and MES solutions applicable across all sites.
- With Process Engineering (PE) - Develop and monitor operations training with proper assessments.
- Support Procurement - Work with VE teams to institutionalize Value Chain Improvement process, Supplier Development to improve input costs.
- Coordinate and manage special projects as required from time to time.
- Perform other duties as assigned to insure the success of projects, individuals, and the company.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Qualification: University Degree in B.Eng - Industrial Engineering [or Mechatronics] or Masters Degree is an advantage.
- Experience - And enthusiastic interest in the manufacturing environment.
- Proven understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Working knowledge of Value Engineering and Manufacturing Operation Management.
- Project- and Manufacturing Management experience or exposure.
- Advanced analytical skills - and experience in IT environment is important.
- Knowledge of SAP, experience / proven insight in Teamcenter(SIEMENS) - Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
- Ability to apply engineering design, - Maths computing knowledge.
- Proficient use of CAD = Solid Edge is a bonus.
- Excellent ability to effectively present information (competent in report writing, effective presentations, etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PM, Internet).
- Strong planning and administrative skills with highly organized approach.
- Interpersonal skills and capability to interact with people at all levels.
- Cope well with work pressures, apply efficient practices, and deliver completed work on time.
- Job type:Internships
Western Cape (South...
- Closing Date:27th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm