- What if from day one you didn’t just watch things happen, you made things happen?
- What if you didn’t just make an impression, you created a legacy?
- What if you didn’t just start a job, you transformed an industry?
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We’re looking for exceptional Graduates to join our 2022 Graduate Program – Singapore, who want to learn and make an impact. Ambitious personalities with the gravitas to inspire colleagues and the curiosity and analytical mind to challenge the status quo.
From day one, our Graduates help us transform the way we do things, making a better tomorrow for all of us. We love fresh ideas and new thinking, and our Graduate Program gives you the tools to innovate and invent – to pioneer progress for you and us.
About the Program
Our Graduate Development Program fosters the next generation of leaders who inspire others and can thrive in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous environment. Year one of the Program has a focus on developing foundational skills. Graduates get to know our business, understand the bigger picture from mine to market, and learn the fundamentals of leadership. In year two, we shift our focus towards future skills and challenge graduates to propose breakthrough solutions to shape the future of our business and industry.
Joining us as a Graduate, you’ll experience our innovative, future focused development Program where you will:
- Learn fundamental leadership skills by leading a virtual team through a gamified leadership simulation
- Challenge your thinking and gain outside in perspective from futurists and external thought leaders
- Acquire a toolkit focused on future skills to inspire innovation and creativity through a series of masterclass
- Team up with graduate colleagues to innovate solutions for future business and world challenges
- Grow your leadership skills with 1-1 coaching sessions with an experienced external coach
- Network with our senior leaders and subject matter experts
- Access world-class digital learning.
And much more!
Rio Tinto will be conducting two Virtual Information Sessions which will provide prospective Graduates with information including (but not limited to):
- An overview of Rio Tinto- who we are and what we do
- An overview of the Singapore Commercial team
- A day in the life of a Rio Tinto Commercial Graduate- hear from current Graduates and participate in a Q&A
Event Details are listed below- to attend you must register, please click the link below:
- Singapore Graduate & Intern Information Session 1
Wednesday 9 February @ 12:00 PM SGT
- Singapore Graduate & Intern Information Session 2
Tuesday 15 February @ 12:00 PM SGT
What you’ll bring to the Graduate Program
- A Bachelor Degree or equivalent in one of the following disciplines:
- Maritime Studies/Operations
- Computer Science/Data Science/Data Analytics
- Engineering – Process/Chemical/Metallurgy
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interests in international business, current affairs, marine, maritime and shipping, data science/analytics and supply chain would be a benefit for all Graduate roles in the above listed disciplines
- The ability to work independently and within a team with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Excellent analytical capability, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (PowerBI preferred but not essential)
- Programming language experience desirable (Python preferred).
Graduating 2022 / already graduated (from 2020)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers –generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium –the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities, and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto Commercial puts the company’s value over volume approach into practice, with the goal of maximizing the value of our physical flows to improve both our business and that of our customers.
Headquartered in Singapore, and integrated with Rio Tinto’s assets, hubs, and offices globally, our Commercial group works hand-in-hand with our product groups to ensure both the amount and types of products we produce meet our customer’s needs, and manage the trade-off between volumes, quality, cost, and capital expenditure.
Our Commercial teams are entrepreneurial, fast-paced and a highly specialised part of our business. Our team has a deliberately open and strategic culture where we reward the creation of value through innovation and risk taking. You get to work alongside inspiring and creative colleagues and learn and grow every single day.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
Join us and pioneer a career that will not only build your future, but drive progress for us all, apply today.
Please note, in order to be considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications close Friday 25 February 2022.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Closing Date:25th Mar 2022, 12:59 pm