More than 93'000 employees worldwide are working towards one goal: to solve some of the greatest challenges for humanity using science and technology. Every day, our work impacts the lives of millions of patients all around the world.
At Roche, we work with a purpose - developing innovative tests and medicines, and using data in new ways to help people to live longer, better lives.
We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
What You Will Do
Supporting the APAC Legal and Compliance team to:
- Act as business partners to the region developing a deep understanding of the company objectives and issues.
- Proactively manage legal and compliance issues.
- Proactively provide insights and advice that enabled informed decision making.
- Produce viable and tangible solutions.
- Maintain a compliance and risk framework.
- Provide high quality, strategic, effective and efficient legal advice and support to the business.
- Deliver internal messaging and resources to promote understanding of the organization's legal rights and obligations and a culture of compliance (e.g., through roundtables, trainings, webinars etc.).
- Act as subject matter experts in response to compliance requirements consistent with the Roche Group philosophy and in relation to legal and compliance issues.
- Contribute toward the smooth and efficient completion of deals and projects, including preparing for negotiations, drawing up contract terms and collaboration models and refining SOPs.
- Contribute toward the conceptualization and roll-out of global and regional Compliance initiatives, including promoting ethical business practices, and building a strong compliance culture.
- Support continuous improvement of internal practices consistent with the wider legal and compliance environment.
- Stay abreast of and advise the organization on emerging legal and compliance matters, practices, issues, and incentives relevant to the legal compliance environment.
- Simplify, streamline, and digitize existing workflows and processes, including reviews of corporate policies, conceptualizing and rolling-out new digital tools and technology, and refining templates.
- Undertake Corporate Governance activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma/Degree in Legal.
- Systematic, meticulous and analytical approach to evaluation and execution of tasks.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Job type:Internships
- Locations:Singapore (Singapore)
- Closing Date:4th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm