More than 93'000 employees worldwide are working towards one goal: to solve some of the greatest challenges for humanity using science and technology.
Every day, our work impacts the lives of millions of patients all around the world.
At Roche, we work with a purpose - developing innovative tests and medicines and using data in new ways to help people to live longer, better lives.
We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
This position has overall accountability for completing the manufacturing tasks as scheduled while in full compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and Roche’s corporate principles, quality policies and standards.
What You Will Do
- Support the Biochemical Manufacturing Department by working effectively within the group to meet department goals and objectives.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks which may include preparing small equipment, cleaning and sterilizing vessels, preparing solutions, monitoring and operation biochemical processing equipment, raw materials sampling, dispensing and environmental monitoring sampling and maintain housekeeping of the areas while adhering to Safety, cGMP and Biochemical Manufacturing guidelines.
- Assigned tasks must be prioritized and work must be documented per approved manufacturing formulae.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process problems.
- Support process improvement efforts.
- Operate computers for process control and data entry.
- Participate in staff and shift change meetings and work closely with other shift personnel and external support groups.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are performed as per safety requirement. Report safely incident and near misses on a timely basis and support SHE in incident investigation.
Safety, Health & Environment:
- Comply with all RSTO’s Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) requirements, never put oneself and others at safety & health risks, and report any workplace accidents, near misses and hazards as soon as practicable.
- Observe all RSTO’s site security measures at all times and report any suspicious characters/objects & damaged security mechanisms to Site Security immediately.
Lean Production System:
- Embody PT Lean Production System (LPS), while demonstrating a continuous improvement mindset and behaviors through the use and application of LPS tools for continuous improvement initiatives.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Fresh Graduate with degree in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline or Diploma or NITEC or equivalent holders.
- Diploma holders with at least 3 years of experience. NITEC or equivalent holders with 7 years of experience. Biologics experience is a plus.
- Must possess good problem solving, interpersonal communication and team skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong focus on safety, quality, details and results.
- Mechanical aptitude and a familiarity with computer-based systems are highly desirable.
- Background in microbiology, fermentation, or protein purification is desired.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Locations:Singapore (Singapore)
- Closing Date:24th Feb 2022, 6:00 pm