The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
What You Will Do
- The processing of clinical samples in a CLIA lab.
- DNA extraction and quality control (QC), NGS library preparation and target enrichment processes.
- Sequencing process using NextSeq platform.
- Analyze sequencing data, sequencing QC and variant results.
- Sample processing automation efforts to enable scale, reduce sample mix-up and ergonomic risk.
- Understand the regulatory environment in a clinical laboratory.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Recent graduate or bachelor student of Molecular Biology, Science or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2020.
- Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
- Must have a ≥3.0 GPA.
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poster Symposium).
- Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia.
- Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience.
- Job type:Internships
San Jose (United...
- Closing Date:9th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm