This internship in Roche DIA Cape Town Performance and Transformation Area offers you the unique opportunity to work in an exciting end-to-end transformational part of the organization and learn more about our mission, how we support patients on their journey, and meet many great people to learn from.
Your contributions will focus on performance improvements not limited to efficiency, but productivity, collaboration, capability development, data analytics, visualization of data, problem solving, and above all value creation exercises that help identify waste streams and come up with innovative ways of eliminating/reducing these wastes in a sustainable manner. This will not only be limited to traditional Continuous Improvement Tools but also Agile, Data analytics and Digital innovation/experimentation.
You will work closely together with the Site Performance and Transformation Lead and various Teams across the Value Chain. Not only will you have an opportunity to learn about the industry and how we are organized but also assigned to tackle creative and innovative ways of improving performance and making it sustainable.
We offer you a diverse and inclusive workplace in a modern environment, which at the same time requires you to be open-minded and adaptable. As an intern, you will also be assigned to a Mentor who will help you learn more about Roche as a business whilst connecting with others at the site and across the Roche network, having fun and getting to know the overall Roche purpose.
What You Will Do
- Support Value Stream Mapping of current and future states in key improvement areas identified for the site.
- Collect and analyze data for enhancing problem solving and ease of visualization within assigned Teams.
- Create relevant training material on continuous improvement and support teams in their understanding of delivery of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Support and encourage the application of Lean Six Sigma techniques.
- Create and publish communication that enhances knowledge in continuous improvement using and not limited to media such as videos, chats, intranet gSite, intranet Google. Currents, emails, town halls, articles, presentations, talks, social virtual get-togethers and other materials for internal audiences.
- Becoming an integral part of the team supporting its mission and purpose of doing now what patients need next.
Required Skills and Abilities
- For this internship, we are mainly looking for an enrolled student or recent graduate who’s passionate about and skilled in continuous improvement, data analytics and passionate about solving problems in an innovative and creative way, whilst communicating to others in a simple and modern way.
- Your field of study is in Industrial Engineering, Data Science/Data Engineering or related Technical field. Ideally, you also have an interest in Scientific and Healthcare topics. Experience in the area of data analytics, programming and interpersonal skills is a plus.
- Experience and passion for Continuous Improvement techniques such as Lean, Six Sigma, Data Science and Agile.
- Able to develop content that inspires and builds capability of others in simple, effective and fun ways.
- Able to work independently with little guidance, have an enthusiastic and open-minded attitude.
- Highly collaborative and an ability to multitask while remaining organized.
- Knowledge in Google’s suite of applications (Mail, Calendar, Drive, Google Currents, Hangouts/Chats).
- Willing to also learn new tools and adapt to them such as Trello, Lucid charts, Smart sheets.
- Fluent English spoken and written is absolutely essential.
- Data Analytics and computer programming knowledge is highly desirable.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Engineering
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm