The programme is two years in duration and will see you carry out four rotations of six months each. You will be given the chance to choose your own rotations and can opt from any area of our business including proprietary trading of energy commodities (power, coal, gas, oil, LNG), Commercial Asset Optimisation, Sales & Origination or analytical functions such as Structuring & Valuation or Risk Management. You could also choose to work in our business support functions such as Back Office or Finance Controlling. Whilst at least one of your rotations will be in our Singapore office, there will be opportunities for international rotations including Essen (Germany), London (UK) and Swindon (UK).
Make your future career a done deal! With the option to rotate into a wide range of exciting and stimulating areas, you will carry out diverse and meaningful work throughout your graduate programme. In order for you to become a well-rounded industry expert, you will complete at least one of your rotations in a non-trading function so you have broad awareness of the business. No matter which rotations you choose, you will be given the skills and knowledge to succeed during your time on the graduate scheme and beyond.
Are you excited about new markets and a growing business on a global scale and looking for the ideal foundation to flourish whilst working alongside experienced industry experts? Great – we are looking for bright emerging talents who want to launch their career within a leading European trading house!Are you ready to learn everything there is to know about working at a leading European energy trading house? The Commercial Graduate Programme will equip you with an understanding of how we operate as a company, and lay the foundations for your future career. You’ll be given significant exposure to all aspects of our value chain as you undertake four rotations.
You get to choose four rotations within these business areas:
- Proprietary trading of energy commodities (power, coal, gas, oil, LNG)
- Commercial asset optimisation
- Sales and origination
- Analytical functions such as structuring and valuation or risk management
- Principal investments, commodity solutions and other areas you may not expect to be part of a trading business.
- One of your rotations will be in a non-trading function, to give you a broader knowledge of the business as a whole.
Learning, support and development
Whichever path you choose, we’ll guide and support you as you take on challenging and exciting projects. Learning will be a mixture of online education, face to face workshops and technical on-the-job training. You’ll learn from industry experts, and be exposed to every aspect of the energy value chain.
You’ll be assigned a buddy, a previous graduate who will share their experience and offer support. They are there for you even before your first day so you’ll feel supported from the outset. You’ll also be able to choose an experienced mentor from a pool of many, to guide you through your graduate journey. They will advise you on rotations and introduce you to key people in the business.
You’ll be given development opportunities, including networking events where you will meet expeienced managers and the board.
Required Skills and Abilities
- We only deal with the best: You are a motivated graduate who is passionate about the energy industry and have ambition to learn and grow by seizing commercial opportunities.
- You have a completed degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in a highly analytical and numerical focused subject, e.g. Maritime, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics.
We are looking for graduates with:
- A passion for the energy industry
- A 2:1 or above in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or a comparable discipline
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills
- A highly motivated and proactive attitude, combined with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, with fluent English
- The ability to learn quickly and take accountability
- A resilient and hardworking nature
- Strong team-working skills
- Relevant experience or internships in the energy or finance sector (beneficial, not essential)
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics
- Closing Date:18th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm