Come and have a look inside RWEST and you will undoubtedly see the impact that our graduates have on our company. Many of our Managers and Traders came through the Programme themselves and so you will see first-hand, that we believe in growing your potential and investing in your future.
The Commercial Graduate Programme is well established and valued within our trading business. Therefore, it is no surprise, that as we expand into new markets and locations, so does our Graduate Programme. We have been trading in Singapore for many years now and are looking for graduates who will be based here to help build and expand on the successes we’ve created.
We give you the opportunity to shape your own career path. Right from the beginning you’ll be making a difference within your team and this will be supplemented by a variety of development opportunities and networking events. You will also be assigned a buddy as well as an experienced mentor.
In addition, we offer you the following:
- Access to a modern refurbished trading floor in a great location.
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus.
- Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies.
- Modern and advanced IT.
What You Will Do
The Graduate Programme will last for two years and in this time, you will carry out four rotations, each lasting six months. Your graduate journey will begin in Singapore, and as you choose rotations to enhance your skills and knowledge, you could travel internationally to Essen (Germany), London and Swindon (UK).
You will be given the chance to choose your own rotations and can opt from any area of our business including proprietary trading of energy commodities (power, coal, gas, oil, LNG), Commercial Asset Optimisation, Sales & Origination or analytical functions such as Structuring & Valuation or Risk Management. You could also choose to work in our business support functions such as Back Office or Finance Controlling.
With the option to rotate into a wide range of exciting and stimulating areas, you will carry out diverse and meaningful work throughout your graduate journey. In order to become a well-rounded industry expert, you will be required to complete at least one of your rotations in a non-trading function, such as Risk, Back Office or Logistics, so you have a broad awareness of the business.
No matter which rotations you choose, you will be given the skills and knowledge required, to succeed during your time on the Graduate Programme and beyond.
Required Skills and Abilities
In order to succeed on our Graduate Programme you should be excited about new markets and working for a commercial business which is growing on a global scale. You should be looking for the ideal foundation to flourish whilst working alongside experienced industry experts and be passionate about the energy industry with the ambition to learn and grow by seizing commercial opportunities.
We would also like you to have:
- A degree in a highly analytical and numerical focused subject, e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Maritime or Economics to name a few (BSc, MSc or PhD).
- Excellent communication skills which combine fluent English and either Chinese or Japanese.
- Strong IT proficiency and commercial aptitude.
- Entrepreneurial skills with a confident and social manner.
- The ability to learn quickly with a keen interest in taking accountability.
- An analytical mind, are hard-working with strong team-working skills.
- The flexibility and mobility needed to travel to multiple locations.
- Relevant work experience (desirable but not essential).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Economics, Engineering, Management
- Closing Date:11th Sep 2020, 6:00 pm