Are you looking to kickstart your career at a business where you can really make an impact?
Join us at the Asian headquarters of RWE Supply & Trading (RWEST) in Singapore.
Developers at RWEST work in the heart of our commercial business, developing and managing market data and evaluation systems for the front office. Working closely with analysts and front office desks, they provide solutions and support in key areas such as profit and loss, position reporting, deal handling automation, market data visualization, model prototyping and trading systems.
A Culture that Empowers You:
We give you the opportunity to shape your own career path – and the support you need to make it a success. This includes ongoing learning and development opportunities such as networking events where you will get exposure to managers and board members.
What You Will Do
The programme involves doing four six-month rotations over two years. Your first will be in Singapore.
The second and third will both be in Europe (Germany and UK). For your final rotation, you will return to our office in Singapore where you will then move into a permanent position as an RWEST developer.
Through your rotations, you will be able to increase your IT stack and business knowledge, develop competence in a range of IT languages and build a good awareness of different working cultures – all of which will prove invaluable in your permanent role and future career.
Required Skills and Abilities
To make the most of this opportunity, you need a passion for the energy industry and trading in particular, along with the ambition to learn and grow at a company that is dynamic and full of change.
Some relevant work experience, an understanding of energy or financial trading and basic database knowledge (SQL, noSQL, Key / Value) are all useful but not essential.
What you must have is:
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in an IT subject or similar such as Mathematics, Engineering or Economics (IT, statistical or numerate degree).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following languages -C#, Java or Python.
- Knowledge in some front-end web frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.JS would be nice-to-have but are not essential.
- Passion for IT development.
- Fluent English, either Chinese or Japanese beneficial.
- Willingness and flexibility to move to Europe for one year.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Information Technology,...
- Closing Date:5th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm