Follow established procedures and guidelines to provide timely and effective support to an office, business unit, department or other organization group. Perform routine administrative activities according to the organization's established procedures.
What You Will Do
- Enter information accurately into documents such as reports, presentations or forms; and office systems such as databases or spreadsheets.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Make standard calculations to accurately compile and report statistics.
- Respond to routine inquiries from external or internal sources about the organization, its activities, or processes so callers/visitors are answered promptly and accurately.
- Governance and compliance regarding supplier sourcing and selection, supplier management throughout life cycle, practical exposure to vetting and on-boarding of suppliers.
- Strategic sourcing – Principles, methodology, BASE process, sustainability, practical exposure.
- Category management – Category analysis and strategy determination – Direct and indirect procurement, practical exposure.
- Supplier relationship management – Basic principles and in practice.
- RF(x) processes – Direct and indirect procurement – Processes and methodology, practical exposure.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in Procurement.
- Grade 12/Equivalent Qualification.
- Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel/Teams/SharePoint.
- English proficiency.
- Job type:Internships
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:5th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm