Sanlam is a diversified Pan-African financial services group listed on the Johannesburg and Namibian Stock Exchanges. Since our inception in 1918 we have held true to our founding purpose of empowering South Africans to live their best possible lives by offering relevant financial products and services, as well as empowering communities where we do business.
1 job available
If you’re interested in working at Sanlam, understanding when they have opened up applications for their graduate programs, graduate jobs and internships is helpful knowledge to have so you know when you might need to apply. Use the below information to see when Sanlam hires graduates, but more importantly what graduate degree’s and other student attributes they target for their jobs.
Sanlam is a diversified Pan-African financial services group listed on the Johannesburg and Namibian Stock Exchanges. Since our inception in 1918 we have held true to our founding purpose of empowering South Africans to live their best possible lives by offering relevant financial products and services, as well as empowering communities where we do business. We are a fully diversified financial services group offering comprehensive and tailored financial solutions in five focused areas of expertise namely, Insurance, Financial Planning, Retirement, Investments and Wealth.
We have five business Clusters namely: Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Sanlam Emerging Markets and Santam (including MiWay). The Sanlam Group Office is responsible for strategic direction, financial and risk management and marketing and communications.
Sanlam at a glance
The extent of our business (2016 Results)
- Total Assets under management (Sanlam Investments) = R792 billion
- Operating profit before tax = R12.7 billion
- Personnel = 12, 900 in SA and more than 70 000 in associates and subsidiaries
- Shareholders = 463 208
- A global footprint: Sanlam has successfully expanded to more than 40 countries across the world, with an extensive African footprint in more than 30 African countries. We also have business interests in India, Malaysia, the UK, Europe, Australia and the USA.
- Transformation is a big priority: Our employee demographics are increasingly well aligned to the South African population, from 45% black staff in 2006 to 71% in 2016.
- Empowerment partnership: The Ubuntu-Botho deal created value of about R15 billion at the end of the ten-year contractual period in December 2013, making it one of the most successful transactions of its kind in South African history. Partnership with Ubuntu-Botho is extended into the future with the launch of African Rainbow Capital in 2016.
- Sanlam has achieved a Level 2 B-BEE status.
Vision and Values
Our Vision is:
- To be the leader in client-centric wealth creation, management, and protection in South Africa;
- To be a leading Pan-African financial services Group with a meaningful presence in India and South-East Asia; and
- To play a niche role in wealth and investment management in specific developed markets.
Our Values are:
- Acting with integrity;
- Growing shareholder value through innovation and superior performance;
- Leading with courage;
- Serving with pride; and
- Caring because there is respect for one another.
Working at Sanlam goes beyond merely a day job. It encompasses an ethos and culture in the way we do business. We call it the Sanlam way. We are determined and resolute; solid and sensible; do things very well and do it for good. If you join us, you will have the opportunity to learn the craft of being a Wealthsmith™.
You will work alongside interesting people who are passionate about what they do and also have the chance to be a part of challenging projects in a multicultural, stimulating environment. Furthermore, you will be supported to hone your technical and professional skills and be exposed to great networking opportunities with professionals across the Group. There will also be opportunities to get involved in initiatives of the Sanlam Foundation, which are aimed at improving the communities we operate in.
Our commitment to our people
Sanlam is a company built on a respect for what people are worth and an appreciation for what they can become. This is why we give each and every person who works at Sanlam the opportunity to make the most of who they are and to be recognised, respected and rewarded for what they’re worth.
We inspire people to realise their worth. This is our commitment to employees.
This is what makes us Wealthsmiths™.
Click here to view our Wealthsmiths™ commitment
Become a Wealthsmiths™ Apprentice
Once you graduate, getting an opportunity to work at Sanlam – one of the largest financial services groups in South Africa – can make all the difference. We offer a wide range of opportunities for graduates across multiple disciplines which include finance, investment, accounting, actuarial, underwriting, IT, marketing, and more.
Click here to view available opportunities