The Sanlam Retail Affluent (SRA) Actuarial team is driven by a vision to provide expert actuarial, business and risk management solutions to enable businesses to achieve their strategic objectives. We drive this vision through a culture of high-performance, innovation, thought-leadership, proactivity and learning.
We offer opportunities to actuarial graduates who are looking to start their careers and qualify as actuaries. The Sanlam Actuarial Training Programme starts off with an unofficial ‘internship’ that lets you familiarize yourself with the inner workings of Sanlam by getting to know its products and systems. Once you have a good grasp of this, you will be exposed to more technical positions. We will help you develop your analytical abilities in order to further develop your actuarial skills.
Your actuarial exam results combined with your on-job performance will determine how quickly you progress and are exposed to more advanced areas of this side of Sanlam’s business. Our comprehensive actuarial support programme includes great additional benefits such as:
- Study time during work hours.
- Bursaries to complete your actuarial examinations.
- Financial rewards for passing your exams.
- Guidance and mentoring.
Build a successful career with us - We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - Your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through its four business clusters - Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office - The group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
What You Will Do
- Under direct supervision, performs assignments of actuarial-related duties such as preparing, performing and analyzing actuarial research and audits.
- Other duties include collecting data from various databases and performing standard mathematical calculations.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science.
- Must qualify for exemptions of at least six (6) Actuarial examinations by the time you graduate.
- Strong computer skills.
- Above-average Microsoft Office skills are non-negotiable.
- Strong analytical ability and a structured approach to problem-solving.
- Team player.
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Actuarial Problem Solving.
- Issues management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-development - Contributing independently.
- Interpersonal savvy - Contributing independently.
- Nimble learning - Contributing independently.
- Tech savvy - Contributing independently.
- Cultivates innovation - Contributing independently.
- Customer focus - Contributing independently.
- Drives results - Contributing independently.
- Collaborates - Contributing independently.
- Being resilient - Contributing independently.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Western Cape (South...
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2021, 6:00 pm