During your time in the Academy, you will receive ongoing technical and soft skills training in a professional environment. You will also receive guidance through peer coaching and mentorship from subject matter experts in the Sanlam IT & Business Intelligence (BI) teams to ensure that you are well-equipped to become successful and grow in your chosen career.
The Academy will allow you to work cross-functionally, providing you with the opportunity to learn and acquire knowledge across various disciplines and be equipped with a diverse skillset.
Through the functional training and hands-on experience with the leading IT & BI tools and technology, you will play a key role in Sanlam’s strategy to modernize the IT agenda.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students in their final year in the following disciplines will be considered:
- Degrees in Technology such as BCom, BSc, BTech (i.e. Information Technology/Information Systems/Computer Science).
- Degrees in BCom, BSc, BEng (i.e. Data Science or Analytics/Finance/Actuarial Science/Engineering).
- Final year students or recent graduates with no professional working experience.
- Graduates with not more than 12 months of post-university professional working experience.
- Any work experience obtained as part of a work-integrated learning programme will not be considered as professional working experience referred to above.
- We are looking for independent and self-motivated individuals with strong analytical skills to join our 24-month graduate programme.
- You must have the ability to present yourself competently and professionally, work efficiently, meet deadlines, and prioritize competing responsibilities.
- A basic understanding in some of the following will be beneficial:
- Programming languages and frameworks such as Python, Java, .NET and SQL.
- Data analysis, modelling and visualization.
- Business and process analysis.
- Database Knowledge.
- IT Data Analysis.
- Data Security.
- Risk Management.
- Reporting and Administration.
- Decision quality - Contributing dependently.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Contributing dependently.
- Interpersonal savvy - Contributing dependently.
- Manages complexity - Contributing dependently.
- Optimizes work processes - Contributing dependently.
- Plans and aligns - Contributing dependently.
- Being resilient - Contributing dependently.
- Collaborates - Contributing dependently.
- Cultivates innovation - Contributing dependently.
- Customer focus - Contributing dependently.
- Drives results - Contributing dependently.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Actuary, Banking and Finance, Computer Science,...
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm