As part of SanlamConnect, Succession Financial Planning (SFP) is a financial services provider with a focus on the Registered Financial Adviser (RFA), looking to grow a professional practice while offering holistic financial planning to their clients. SFP is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Sanlam Group.
This is a 12-month contract position allowing the incumbent to gain relevant work experience in the financial services industry. The individual will be exposed to training, mentoring and office administration whilst being part of an administrative team at SFP.
What You Will Do
- Undertake to fully understand the content and impacts of all relevant legislation and requirements for the financial services industry.
- Ensure that all compliance practices and procedures are strictly observed in terms of disclosures, advice, record keeping, and ethics/behaviour undertaken when dealing with advisers and clients.
- Track, interpret and communicate trends or gaps in terms of risks within the business.
- Support the complaints register and resolution process.
- Ensure all complaints are logged, investigated properly, and resolved according to the due process. Undertake to do the necessary report and record keeping thereof.
- Working closely with line management and the planners, ensuring that all advice facing intermediaries and management are fit and proper FAIS accredited and keep the requirements and credits up to date at all times.
- Provide administration support to line manager.
- Gatekeep and monitor new business received.
- Administration of tax & tax calculations, account payments, administration of remuneration and reserve accounts.
- Administration of adviser terminations and reintermediation.
- Provide advice with regards to policy, financing rules and debt management.
- Compile statistics with regards to financing and reports, including effective processing of statements.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A completed Commercial/Financial/Legal or Business-related diploma/degree.
- A relevant matric qualification.
- Preferably no or very limited previous working experience.
- Successful candidate should be unemployed.
- Knowledge of and experience in MS Office.
- Good basic IT/systems operations knowledge.
- Financial Services Industry Knowledge.
- Relevant regulatory legislation and compliance knowledge.
- Financial Service Product Knowledge (Sanlam and competitors.
- Personal Attributes:
- Plans and aligns - Contributing independently.
- Interpersonal savvy - Contributing independently.
- Communicates effectively - Contributing independently.
- Optimizes work processes - Contributing independently.
- Being resilient - Contributing independently.
- Collaborates - Contributing independently.
- Cultivates innovation - Contributing independently.
- Customer focus - Contributing independently.
- Drives results - Contributing independently.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Administration, Banking and Finance, Business and...
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:29th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm