The Sanlam CA Training Programme is guided by SAICA regulations, which requires practical experience to obtain competence in technical and professional skills over three years. The technical competencies include Accounting & External Reporting, Financial Management, Management Decision Making & Control, Taxation, Risk Management & Governance, and Auditing & Assurance.
The professional competencies include Professional Conduct, Management & Leadership, Personal Attributes, and Information Technology. With the Sanlam CA Training Programme, trainees are placed on rotations at Group level and within the clusters to obtain the relevant exposure to achieve the prescribed SAICA competencies.
Build a successful career with us - We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - Your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through its four business clusters - Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
What You Will Do
- Complete the formal educational programme which includes practical experience and training (from Sanlam as a Training Office) as prescribed by the South African Institute of Chartered Accounts (SAICA), in order to qualify as a Chartered
- Accountant (SA).
- Assist with the annual reporting process.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BCom (Honours) Accountancy or the equivalent of CTA.
- Academic performance record average of at least 60%.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word (advantageous).
- Financial Accounting.
- Financial Management Taxation.
- Managerial Accounting.
- Internal and External Audit.
- Self-development - Contributing independently.
- Decision quality - Contributing independently.
- Financial acumen - Contributing independently.
- Optimizes work processes - Contributing independently.
- Being resilient - Contributing independently.
- Customer focus - Contributing independently.
- Collaborates - Contributing independently.
- Drives results - Contributing independently.
- Cultivates innovation - Contributing independently.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Western Cape (South...
- Closing Date:31st May 2021, 6:00 pm