We are seeking a Trainee Fund Accountant, reporting to a Manager within the Fund Accounting Division of Sanne to prepare accurate portfolio valuations and financial statements.
The Trainee Fund Accountant role involves preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the accounting of a number of portfolios. Maintain the underlying accounting records for assigned funds (including domestic offshore, hedge funds, partnerships, etc.) and Seasoned incumbent responsible for approximately 3 to 6 valuations.
What You Will Do
- Second level preparation of portfolio valuations and maintenance of the underlying accounting records for assigned funds (including hedge funds, partnerships, etc.).
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis.
- Reconciling broker and custodian accounts to underlying records.
- Preparing and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Establishing excellent client relationships and providing high quality service and productivity.
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis.
- Performing any additional responsibilities that may be required by your Supervisor in support of the on-going management and development of the division.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Commerce degree or diploma with Financial Accounting 2.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Hedge fund industry knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Structured and detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills in the finance industry.
- An understanding of regulatory and financial reporting regime and IFRS.
- Ability to motivate and influence a team, high managerial skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm