An opportunity currently exists for Technical Graduates in the Garden Route as part of the Socio-Economic Transformation Department: community benefit and support to Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) funded by the Norwegian Government. The duration of the project is approximately 10 months ending February 2022.
The focus of this Norwegian Government funding in support of EPWP is to provide Technical Graduates from previously disadvantaged local communities surrounding the Park with employment opportunities. This is strictly aimed at assisting the Garden Route National Park Technical Services Maintenance Department fulfil its infrastructure maintenance responsibilities, empower and transfer skills to the appointed youth. The Technical Graduates will be assisted to become independent entrepreneurs.
What You Will Do
- Manage, supervise and delegate work to general infrastructure maintenance team/s on a labour-only basis.
- Operational planning for the implementation of works.
- Manage the finances and administration of the contracting team.
- General administration: complete attendance registers pay sheet for workers, vehicle log sheets, accident and incident register.
- Record keeping of daily activities (production record).
- Liaise with the project manager and Technical Services Manager within the National Park.
- Ensure health & safety compliance.
- Conform to the legal requirements relating to transport and labour issues.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma or Degree in Building/Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry and Mechanical trade.
- Should have graduated between 2015 and 2020.
- Previous experience in general administration.
- Health and Safety, First Aid level two certificates.
- Must be in possession of driver's license and PDP is an essential requirement for this opportunity.
- General knowledge and understanding of allocating and managing work is essential.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have South African citizenship.
- Work during weekends and on Public Holidays.
- Work shifts as indicated by supervisor or manager.
- Provide own transport to and from the workplace.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Electrical, Engineering...
- Closing Date:30th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm