An exciting opportunity exists for a Trainee - Relationship Manager position who will be based in Kimberley, Northern Cape.
What You Will Do
Assume shared responsibility for growth and profitability of Crop Insurance in the designated area, keeping and expanding contact with the clients, in line with Santam and Broker objectives. Perform assessments under supervision and develop technical skills.
- Market, facilitates and track sales in respect of Crop insurance to accredited Brokers and Agri Businesses.
- Addressing Farmers meetings in regard to crop insurance products available.
- Direct marketing in regard to Crop Insurance to the client, providing advice under supervision.
- General administration with regards to crop insurance, support to brokers and enquiries from Santam Agriculture Head office.
- Maintain internal and external relationships to ensure long-term sustainable partnerships with clients and brokers in the designated area.
- Develop and coordinate broker relationship across the Santam Group.
- Support to the Relationship and Regional Managers to ensure a functional area.
- Assist in helping broker to build a more successful business.
- Training and support to brokers in the administration and issuing of crop insurance.
- Approval and managing Input cost Applications.
- Managing Emergence reports, progress reports and all physical and administrative duties regarding Input Cost Insurance.
- Managing Yield assessments associated with Input cost Insurance.
- Provide technical advice under supervision and support to brokers in accordance with the requirements of the client.
- Identify and target new prospective profitable business.
- Seek and acquire competitors business.
- Establish relationships to insure becoming the preferred partner.
Technical Support and Assessments:
- Undergo theoretical and practical training on the assessment for all crops in the area.
- Receive and manage all Damage Reports from brokers after insured loss reports.
- Conduct insurance assessments under supervision.
- Managing the assessor crops after a hail event in order to assess the damages.
- Acquire all applicable regulatory qualifications for a financial representative within the time period as prescribed by the Fais regulation.
- Adhere to regulation at all times.
Required Skills and Abilities
- National Diploma in Agriculture.
- Grade 12.
- Practical crop production experience is essential.
- Driver’s license.
- Business management.
- Conflict management.
- Presentation skills.
- Writing skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Information seeking.
- Conceptual thinking.
- Results driven.
- Takes initiative.
- Emotional self-control.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Kimberley (South Africa)
- Closing Date:9th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm