Sappi Saiccor Mill is providing an opportunity for a recently qualified Civil Engineering Diploma holder to participate in the management of maintenance in the mill. This opportunity will provide hands on experience to a recently qualified graduate in all aspects of civil maintenance for a large factory site.
What You Will Do
- Inspect mill buildings, roads, walkways and effluent channels as per maintenance schedules and daily rounds.
- Plan and effect remedial action identified during inspections in consultation with production managers and engineers concerned.
- Assist the planning assistant to order materials using the formal Sappi purchasing process.
- Monitor the quality of work delivered by Sappi civil learners as well as civils contractors.
- Instruct contractors on safety and work procedures.
- Report suspected malpractice or poor work quality to the engineer.
- Ensure compliance to construction regulations.
- Ensure all environmental procedures are adhered to during the execution of project and maintenance work.
Required Skills and Abilities
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- No previous work experience required.
- Knowledge of concrete Foundation and Structure. Steel structure and Drainage Systems.
- Computer Literacy.
- Driver's license - Code 8.
- Preference will be given to candidates from the local communities around the Saiccor Mill.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:24th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm