Sappi Forests MPU is providing an opportunity for a recently qualified Civil Engineering candidates to participate in the management and maintenance of building structures and infrastructure, such as roads, railways, bridges, dams and water and sewerage systems. This opportunity will provide hands on experience to a recently qualified graduate in all aspects of civil maintenance in the Forestry Industry.
What You Will Do
- Assist with designing solutions to problems by evaluating (not limited to) technical and financial alternatives and present the proposed solutions.
- Implementation of approved solutions.
- Manages a roads management system and databases for the asset management, planning and cost benefit analysis of the roads network.
- Controls all aspects of construction projects i.e. expenditure, project and contractor management, quality control and soil testing.
- Produces technical documentation for road and civil engineering projects , handle tenders and prepare contracts with Civil Engineering Contractors. Both for capital and maintenance projects and other civil engineering projects such as dams and airstrips.
- Data capture and management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BSc or BEng in Civil Engineering.
- Grade 12/Matric qualification.
- No experience required.
- Computer skills, proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Driver’s license.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Civil Structural
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm