Sappi Forests KZN requires a Research Intern with the necessary skills, training and specific competencies to assist in executing related activities across the designated region.
This role reports to the Programme Leader - Research, Planning and Nurseries.
What You Will Do
- Assist with research trial activities such as plant preparation, planting and measurements.
- Assist with other breeding activities such as controlled pollinations, seed and flowering studies.
- Assist with other trial activities such as pest and disease surveys.
- Assist with pest and disease laboratory trials and preparation of growth media.
- Work on the sampling, preparation and assessment of wood properties.
- Assist with a screening of pests and pathogens against pesticides.
- Data capture and management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Relevant Tree Breeding, Genetics, Entomology, Pathology, Botany or Horticulture Degree/Diploma or related qualification.
- Grade 12 / Matric qualification.
- No experience required.
- Computer skills, proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Driver’s license.
- Job type:Internships
KwaZulu Natal (South...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm