Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Graduate in Training to complete a two-year comprehensive training programme that contributes the knowledge and practical requirements to become a proficient maintenance or project engineer in a mill.
This role reports into the Maintenance Manager - Mechanical.
What You Will Do
- Practical work as per Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) standards.
- Advise on and design machinery and tools for manufacturing and other industrial use.
- Advise on and design steam, internal combustion and other non-electric motors and engines used for driving industrial machinery.
- Advise on and design mechanical plant and equipment for the release, control and utilization of energy, heating, ventilation and refrigeration systems, pumps, pipe work, valves and other associated mechanical equipment.
- Advise on and design non-electrical parts of apparatus and precision instruments.
- Establish control standards and procedures to ensure efficient functioning and safety of machines, machinery, tools, motors, engines, industrial plant, equipment and systems.
- Ensure that equipment operation and maintenance comply with design specifications and safety standards.
- Investigate and find solutions for operational problem related to machinery, tools and plant equipment.
- Contribute to the design of new equipment specifications or use for example fluid systems, complex machines, energy systems involving heat transfer, pressure systems or HVAC systems.
- Rotate through the mill and provide operational support to engineers in each section.
- Participate in plant forums, multi-disciplinary team meetings and engineering meetings to learn how the plant operates and to contribute professional advice.
- Investigate failure or underperformance of equipment in the plant and recommend solutions to avoid recurrence.
- Assess existing plant design against design specifications, health and safety requirements, ease of fabrication and assembly standards, constructability, maintainability, environmental requirements, ergonomic considerations, life cycle costs and alternative solutions.
- Assist during plant shuts and machine start-ups.
- Assist engineers with project management activities including project scoping, prefeasibility, business case development (capital expense, operating cost and total cost of ownership), resourcing, scheduling, and implementation.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BSc, B Tech. Eng. or B Eng. (Mechanical Engineering).
- No prior work experience required.
- Computer literate.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Mpumalanga (South Africa)
- Closing Date:5th May 2021, 6:00 pm