Sappi Southern Africa requires an Intern for Information Technology - GIS. This intern will have the opportunity to gain the necessary skills and specific competencies and assist in executing related activities across the designated region. This role will report into the Information Technology Manager.
What You Will Do
- Assist with data maintenance.
- Assist the GIS Department with Ad-hoc requests.
- Address the data maintenance backlog and create derived datasets used by Foresters and Planners.
- Verify Cadastral information and requesting data using Windeed and external service providers.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Geoinformatics or Environmental Sciences with GIS as a major subject.
- Grade 12/Matric qualification.
- No experience required.
- Proficient in MS Office ( Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong ICT knowledge.
- Problem solving and an ability to fault find.
- Must be a fast learner and able to adapt to continuous change.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Be a team player.
- Applications - Microsoft Office Suite.
- GIS applications and development.
- Job type:Internships
Environment, Information Technology, Science
KwaZulu Natal (South...
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2021, 6:00 pm