Sappi Southern Africa is offering an Internal Audit Internship for a period of one year that will provide the applicant with workplace experience. The incumbent will complete on-the-job training as part of Sappi's Internal Audit team providing Sappi with risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight.
What You Will Do
- Assist with Financial, Operational, and IT audits.
- Execute assigned audit steps, under supervision.
- Start to develop internal audit technical competencies including information gathering, documentation, evaluation, data analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Adhere to required professional standards including. the IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Draft findings and recommendations for presentation to Management.
- Comply with professional ethics standards particularly integrity, objectivity, and respect for confidentiality.
- Support the Internal Audit team's internal Quality and Assurance Programme.
- Provide basic administrative support to Sappi's Internal Control function as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Relevant three-year Bachelors' degree.
- Honour’s/Post Graduate Studies would be advantageous.
- No experience needed.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally.
- Job type:Internships
Durban (South Africa)
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2020, 6:00 pm