Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Process Relief Operator for the purpose of the Relief Operator programme is to assist production in reducing overtime by providing leave/training relief. This role reports into the Shift Superintendent.
What You Will Do
- Takes and hands over shift.
- Operate process/equipment according to best operating practices.
- Complete section specific interventions/initiatives as planned and agreed for all the identified positions for the specific section.
- Relieves operators and carries out all tasks prescribed for these positions.
- Assists the foreman/operating staff at breakdowns and in the supervision of staff when necessary.
- Ensure accurate reporting by recording all incidents in the shift log book.
- Reports all breakdowns, faulty equipment to Foreman.
- Attend progress meetings with the section training representative, line supervisor and/or mentor, coach and act on any remedial action and/or additional requirements.
- Participates in shift activities (5 why problem-solving etc.).
- Understand the SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
- Comply with all relevant SHEQ requirements.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Conducts regular BBS Observations.
Required Skills and Abilities
- National Diploma Pulp and Paper or Chemical Engineering would be an advantage.
- N3 Pulp & Paper/Matric with Maths & Psychical Science.
- 3 months experience as Process Trainee/Production Intern.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:12th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm